Sunday, 8 September 2013

Top 10 August Beauty Favourites


I didn't make any new discoveries in August; however, I did rediscover a few of my favourites from the past. 

 This was one of my rediscoveries for August. It is the Someday perfume by Justin Bieber. I'm not normally a massive fan of perfumes; I prefer body sprays or mists. I feel like the scent is too 'heavy' for me and they make me sneeze no matter how little I put on. But, this perfume is incredible. It's one of those smells that I can't explain but it's really sweet and isn't too strong. I love the bottle because it looks so pretty on my shelf too. I've used this so much that I need to purchase a new bottle because it has almost gone. 

My second favourite is another perfume/smelly product. It is the Boots Natural Collection Vanilla Body Spray. I have been using this for quite a few months now but seeing as I have never made a favourites post, I thought I would include it in. It has definitely been one of my favourite products of 2013. It smells so so so good. It is this incredible sweet smell. 
I sprayed this product when I went to Southend-on-sea and then I had a wasp hovering around me for about fifteen minutes. So, my word of advice for this product would be to not use it outside on a really hot day. 

Sorry about the state of this product, I fished it out of my makeup bag. I love Simple because their products work so well for my skin. I wear this moisturizer underneath my foundation and it makes it glide on easily and prevents break-outs. (Until I get too stressed two days before I go back to school and have a break-out...) It moisturizes your skin and works well for blemishes. This is good for my skin because it tends to get quite dry. I put this on before my foundation and then wait for about five minutes for it to dry. 

I have been using this foundation for quite a long time now. I find the coverage is incredible and it doesn't make me break out. I use the colour Ivory (I think). I find that I do have to powder with this foundation because I don't like a dewy look. Also, the powder helps it to stay in place all day. 

I love the Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint by Barry M. The fact that you only need one coat to get the colour opaque and they don't take hours to dry makes them my favourite nail polish. My two favourite colours are Satsuma and Plum. Although, I am looking to get a few more colours soon. 

Some of you may know what this is, others may not. It is a topsy tail hair tool which I have recently rediscovered. My mother used to use this on me when I was little and it was always my favourite hairstyle. Then, it sat in a box for about 10 years before I pulled it out to use it again. This was one of the hairstyles I used it for this month, I plan on wearing this to my cousin's wedding. 

This is the MUA Bronzing Powder. I love this because it was super cheap (£1). I use this to contour my cheekbones, temples and jawline. I don't really have any cheekbones at all because my face is quite fat and using this makes it look thinner. This is my favourite bronzing powder as it does not make me look like I have orange stripes on my cheeks. It is very pigmented too. 

My eighth favourite of the month is the Essie Matte About You top coat. I prefer having matte nails to shiny because I think that it is more flattering. I have very short fingers and I find that shiny nails make them look shorter because my nails are short too. This is the best matte coat that I've tried because it dries very quickly and doesn't chip. 

The Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 'translucent' has been my favourite powder throughout August. It sets the foundation in place and doesn't look too 'cakey'. It's the perfect powder.

My final favourite beauty product the Sleek Blush in the colour Rose Gold. I would have taken a picture of the inside but I dropped it on laminated flooring and it has smashed to pieces! It is a beautiful pink colour with coral shimmer. I think that it is perfect; I wore it for my prom. And, I've been wearing it every day throughout the whole of August. 

A random non-beauty favourite
TV Show
The Vampire Diaries
I started watching The Vampire Diaries at the beginning of August and I have not stopped watching it since. I have finished all four seasons and I cannot wait for the 5th season. I love Caroline, she is my favourite! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment