Monday, 6 May 2013

OOTD: May Day Bank Holiday!


So, it is the hottest that it has been for a long time today so I thought I might ditch the winter leggings and wear a skater skirt in celebration. 

The Outfit
Black and White Aztec Strip Crop Top - New Look
Black Belted Skater Skirt - New Look
Women's Vans Authentic Lo Pro Trainers - Schuh
I bought this Black and White Aztec Stripe Crop Top from New Look for £9.99. It is a bodycon fit with a scooped neck design. This top is made from viscose material and is very stretchy. It is very comfortable and doesn't make me too hot when the weather is warm. 
The skirt was also from New Look for £9.99. When I purchased this it came with the skinny black belt. It is made from cotton and is great value for the price I paid. 
These shoes are the Vans Authentic Lo Pro Trainers which I bought from Schuh. I paid £40 for them and have had them for over a year and a half now. 


I am uncertain about the price of this bangle or where it was from as it was a gift. However, I am sure that you can buy something similar to this from many different places. It opens up so that you can put it on your wrist without slipping it over your hand and then snaps back into place. I love this bracelet! Mainly because it isn't too heavy. 
I got this bracelet for Christmas from my great aunt. It said 'To Tara' on the little tag even though my name is 'Georgia' because she had forgotten my name, bless her. 

Nail Varnish

On my nails, I am wearing MUA Nail Varnish in the colour Pistachio Ice Cream. I recently wrote a blog post about this nail varnish which you could read here (it will open in a new window). 

Makeup
Swatches: (from left to right) lipstick, blusher, bronzer
I wore the makeup that I wear everyday today.
I started off with my foundation. I use the 'Maybelline Fit Me!' foundation in the shade 115. I'm thinking of doing a review on this foundation soon. But, I have a pink undertone to my skin so I bought the shade 115 as this was the lightest colour recommended for skin with pink undertones. This was £7.99 from Superdrug. 
Then, I used the 'Maybelline Fit Me!' concealer which I bought in the shade 15. This is also for skin types with a pink undertone. I used this on my chin where I have some blemishes and under my eyes. I got this for half price because of a deal but it is originally £5.99, also from Superdrug.
I used the Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzing Power to create hollows in my cheekbones because I don't really have any. I used this in the shade '52' - (Peaux mates). I bought this bronzer about 2 years ago but is £6.99 from Boots. I used this with a small blush brush which I got in a set a few years ago.
Using the same brush, I used the Accessorize Blusher in the colour Scandal. I love this blush so much! It's so shimmery that you don't need to use a highlighter therefore is perfect for summer. I got this for Christmas in a set but you can buy it from Accessorize for £5. 
The powder I used was the Maybelline 'Dream Matte Powder' in the shade '03 Golden Beige'. I didn't take a close-up of this product because I've hit the pan and it looks really bad! I've been using this powder since I started using powder and I absolutely love it! It doesn't make your skin look cakey. I can't find this product anywhere to find how much it is but I think I paid about £8. 
I used eye lash curlers before my Rimmel Extra WOW Lash Mascara in the shade black. I paid £5 for this mascara from Tesco and 99p for my eye lash curlers from Wilkinson. If you want to read my full review on this, you can find it here
Then, I used MUA Lipstick in the shade 15 'Juicy' which I bought from Superdrug for £1. This is an amazing coral-pink colour; it doesn't come out as strongly as it does on the swatch. 

I really like this outfit and I think that I will wear it for my birthday meal this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment